Lapis – Facial OilHerbivore
Lapis Lazuli, a favorite stone of ancient Egypt, is known for its gorgeous deep blue color. Lapis Facial Oil is named for the precious deep blue oils it contains, including Blue Tansy and Blue Yarrow. These oils contain a component called Azulene which is deep blue in color and acts as a powerful anti inflammatory and anti bacterial that aids in reducing redness and clarifying the complexion.
Sustainably handcrafted by Julia Wills and Alexander Kummerow in their Seattle, WA studio.
– Available in a .17 oz / 5 mL glass bottle with dropper (please note: they changed the packaging and we have not yet updated our photo) or 1.7 oz / 50 mL glass bottle
– Blue Yarrow and Blue Tansy - High in Azulene content, giving them a deep inky blue color naturally. Azulene is a powerful anti inflammatory and anti bacterial that aids in reducing redness and clarifying the complexion. Additionally blue oils are excellent at balancing oily skin without drying.
– German Blue Chamomile - A highly sought out oil in the skin care world due to its anti inflammatory soothing properties. Excellent for calming inflamed skin due to acne blemishes. Also reduces redness and broken capillaries in any skin type prone to red irritated skin conditions and acts as a natural anti bacterial that works to prevent blemishes from forming in the first place. This oil is steam distilled and is naturally a beautiful shade of deep aqua with a high Azulene content. It is also an antioxidant protecting the skin from the oxidant effects of free radical and premature aging.
– Jojoba Oil - Amazing moisturizing capabilities due to being so similar in structure to our skins own natural sebum. Easily absorbed and also helps other oils to absorb more deeply into the skin. Ideal for combination to oily skin types because it will never clog pores.
– Squalane - Derived from olives. Vegetable derived Squalane has excellent emollient properties and acts as a light protective barrier to keep moisture in the skin. It also protects the skin against hyperpigmentation and premature aging.
– Jasmine Sambac Oil - Comes from the night blooming variety of Jasmine, extracted from the steam distillation of thousands of jasmine petals. It is a sweet and exquisite oil that has been used in skin care and perfumery for centuries with good reason - the scent is intoxicating and the oil itself works to increase the skins moisture content and increase its elasticity.
– Formulated for combination, oily and blemish prone skin types or any skin in need of relief from inflammation.
– In contrast to traditional cream moisturizers and lotions which tend to be high in water and emulsifying agents but low in effective ingredients Herbivore Botanicals' facial oils contain no fillers and are formulated with only effective natural ingredients. They absorb easily to get moisture, vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants into your skin. Additionally, they form a natural lipid barrier to lock moisture in and protect against dryness and heat in the environment.
– All Herbivore Botanicals oils are cold pressed or steam distilled. These are the finest extraction methods available and lead to a premium quality oil to smooth and even out your skin.
– 100% Natural
– Ingredients: Amaranthus Squalane Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Capric Triglycerides (Fractionated Coconut Oil), Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Nut Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Tanacetum annuum (Blue Tansy) Leaf Oil, Jasminum Sambac (Jasmine) Absolute, Rosa Damascena (Moroccan Rose) Absolute
– This product is final sale | Skincare + Beauty products are not eligible for return